MONDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2016
while the amount of danger from winter weather varies across the country, nearly all Americans, regardless of where
they live, are likely to face some type of severe winter weather at some point in their lives. Winter storms can range
from a moderate snow over a few hours to a blizzard with blinding, wind- driven snow that lasts for several days.
Many winter storms are accompanies by dangerously low temperatures and sometimes by strong winds, ice, sleet and
A primary concern during winter storms and extreme cold is commuting safely. Most businesses, events and activities
will only close down during the worst storms and extreme temperatures during winter. Because of this, it's important
that vehicles are properly prepared for winter conditions to make commuting in these conditions as safe as possible.
Winterize Your Vehicles
* Antifreeze levels- Ensure they are sufficient to avoid freezing.
* Battery and ignition system- Should be in top condition, and battery terminals should be clean.
* Brakes- Check for wear and fluid levels.
* Exhaust system- Check for leaks and crimped pipes, and repair or replace if necessary.
* Fuel and air filters- Replace filters and keep water out of the system by using additives and maintaining a full tank of gas.
* Heater and defroster- Ensure they work properly.
* Lights and flashing hazard lights- Check for serviceability.
*Thermostat- Ensure it works properly
In addition to insuring your home, Nelson Brothers Agency is committed to helping you and your loved ones stay safe when
Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)
All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only.
It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional
in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between
you and the blog and website publisher.